Giving a name for your furry friend is something essential. For this reason, you can find in this post some tips for choosing the right name for your pet.
Choosing the right name for your pet sometimes is easy and other times challenging. The good news is, unlike human nicknames, the possibilities to find a perfect name for your pet are wide.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT NAME FOR YOUR PET
How do you choose the right name for your pet?
- Choose Simple Names
Choose a short name, easy to pronounce and remember. If possible, use the vowels a, o, and u, which are easier to understand. It will be harder for your pet to remember if it is a long name.
2. Pick a name based on the Pet Appearance
Consider the appearance of your dog or cat.
- Coat color or length: For example, if you have a fluffy-haired dog or cat, you can name it Fluffy.
- Color spots: you can name your pet Boots if it has colored patches on its paws.
- Eyes Color: You can call Baby Blue a cat with blue eyes.
- The shape of the ear or head: If your dog or cat has a triangular head, it might look like a fox. A good name would be Fox or Foxy.
3. Consider the Pet Personality
The pet’s personality is another great way to pick the perfect name. Observe your pet for unique features.
- Unique vocalizations: barking, meowing, chirping. For example, if your cat has a quiet meow, you can call it Hush.
- According to their temperament: Happy, Cranky, Dummy, Grumpy, or Bossy.
4. Choose a Name Based on your Personal Interest
If you have a hobby or personal game you like, or if you are a fan of a sport or a superhero, you could choose funny names such as Thor, Iron Man, or Loki.
5. Choose a Name in Another Language
Pick a word from a language you do not speak. For example if you have a white dog or cat you can call him Blanco, Blanca, in Spanish, Bianco or Bianca in Italian, and Blanc in French.
HOW TO SEARCH THE RIGHT NAME FOR YOUR PET?
- Search online. You can Google the most popular pet names by breed, gender, age, country, or other specifications.To get the best results from your search, try to be specific about what you are looking for. Try things like:
Egyptian Cat Names.
Hamster names for lazy hamsters.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT NAME FOR YOUR PET?
- Ask a friend or family for suggestions. You can talk to those close to you for suggestions on how to name your new family member.
- Avoid names that sound like commands. You are working with your pet to convince it to have good behavior and discourage the bad ones. You want to be clear when communicating with your pet. If your pet’s name sounds like a command, you may confuse him. These may include names with a long o, as it may sound like no. Do not pick monikers like Joe, or Bo.
- Skip long or complicated names. If you want your pet to recognize its name, stick to short appellatives that are easy to pronounce.
- Stay away from inappropriate or rude names. You will use this name in documentsn, and you will call your pet by this name in public, and others will have to say it too.
- Avoid names that include profanity or bodily functions.