The beautiful Siamese cat is a very affectionate feline that requires dedication from its owner. Let’s find out more about this elegant cat.
Siamese Cat Breed Information
- Country of Origin: Thailand (formerly Siam)
- Size: Medium-sized
- Length: 12-14 inches
- Male: 8 to 12 pounds
- Female: 5 to 8 pounds
- Coat: short hair
- Eye color: Blue
- Grooming needs: Once a week
- Colors: blue point, chocolate point, seal point, and lilac point
- Lifespan: 8 to 12 years
- Attention Needs: moderate to high
About Siamese cat breed
This breed is medium in size, although with proportionate muscles. Siamese is long lean and leggy, and her body is well balanced and athletic.
Besides being pretty, Siamese is an intelligent cat.
The Siamese cat’s personality is good-natured and friendly. They love people of all ages, including kids.
This sturdy, graceful breed demands attention and requires lots of interactive toys to be active and prevent boredom.
This feline is affectionate, and needs plenty of attention and interaction with its owner.
There are some conditions common for Siamese you should be aware of:
- Bladder stones
- Crossed eyes
- Bronchial problems
- Eye retinal atrophy and glaucoma
- Heart problems
- Feed your Siamese with high-quality cat food. The top ingredient must be meat-based protein.
- Dry food reduces tartar on teeth, and wet food encourages water intake.
Curious Facts about Siamese Cats
- Siamese is one of the oldest breeds of domesticated cats in the world.
- Genetics and temperature of their surroundings determine their coat color.
- Many Siamese cats have crossed eyes and crooked tails.
- U.S President Rutherford B. Hayes’s wife was one of the first owners of a Siamese cat.
- Siamese is a hugely talkative cat breed.
You May Also Like
Let’s Keep in Touch
If you want to stay up to date on the latest articles you can join our free newsletter. It’s sent out once a month and we offer the latest updates, tips, and deals.