If you’re searching for a furry friend that’s gentle, loyal, and loving, the Russian blue is the ideal cat for you and your family.
Russian Blue Cat Breed Information
The Russian Blue is gentle, calm, affectionate, and loyal to its people.
- Country of Origin: Russia
- Size: Medium-sized
- Weight: 8 to 15 pounds
- Coat: short, dense, fine, luxurious
- Tendency to Shed: Low
- Grooming needs: Low
- Colors: Blue with silver tips
- Lifespan: 15-20 years
About Russian Blue cat breed
The Russian Blue has a short, dense, and thick coat that comes in colors varying from shiny silver to darker slate gray. It has been the feature of the Russian breed for more than a century.
The Russian Blue is a loyal, affectionate, and sweet-natured cat that will follow its owner everywhere.
The Russian Blue is a social cat, but they also enjoy time alone and will look for a quiet and private spot to sleep. This cat doesn’t bother if you are away from work all day, but they do require plenty of playtime when you’re at home.
The Russian blues does not like visitors and can hide from crowded gatherings.
Russian Blues are a healthy breed, though they can suffer from obesity because of their unreserved appetite.
Although Russian Blues are a relatively healthy breed, they can suffer from obesity due to their love of food.
The Russian Blue needs to eat a weight-management formula to prevent obesity.
Curious Facts about Russian Blue Cats
- Some Russian Blue kittens are born with a hint of stripes. These stripes are the tabby gene that all cats carry, although they usually fade with age.
- The Cat Fancy Association (CFA) only welcomes Russian blues with a blue coat. Other associations accept them in more colors, including black and white.
- Some people think that the breed came from the cats of the Russian Czars.
You May Also Like