The Maltipoo is a cross between a Maltese dog and a Poodle dog.
These dogs inherit all the positive qualities of each parent breed, making them affectionate, playful, and intelligent dog breeds.
Maltipoos make great companions and fit well into any home.
This small dog will grow no more than 20 pounds.
Plus, it has a nearly hypoallergenic coat.
They are easy to train and a great option for those who have never owned a dog.
MALTIPOO- MALTESE POODLE MIX
MALTIPOO BREED SUMMARY
- Breed Classification: crossbreed dogs
- Size: Small
- Height: 8-14 inches (25 to 30 centimeters)
- Weight: 5- 20 pounds (3 to 8 kilos)
- Temperament: affectionate, intelligent, friendly, and playful
- Exercise needs: medium
- Coat length: long
- Colors: Apricot, white, cream, silver, black, brown
- Health Problems: luxating patellas, dislocating knee caps, allergic skin disease, cataracts, epilepsy, liver disease
- Amount of shedding: Low
- Lifespan: 12-14 years
- Tendency to bark: High
MALTIPOO PERSONALITY AND TEMPERAMENT
- The Maltipoo temperament is relaxed, gentle, affectionate, and playful.
- Maltipoo’s tendency to bark is high, and if you are looking for a quiet breed, a Maltipoo might not be for you.
- Additionally, the Maltipoo can suffer from separation anxiety due to her loyal human personality.
- This breed needs to be in a home where they will not spend long periods alone.
Being a crossbreed dog, you could have a puppy that looks like a Poodle but has a Maltese temperament or a mix of two personalities.
The Maltipoo can suffer from luxating patella, allergic skin disease, cataracts, epilepsy, and liver disease.
The teacup varieties suffer from health conditions like fragile bones.
MALTIPOO CARE AND GROOMING
Although they have a coat that sheds little, Maltipoos require a high grooming routine.
- The Maltipoo requires daily brushing to keep his fur clean and healthy.
- He will need a bath once a month and clippings from time to time, except for the area around the face and eyes, which will need monthly clippings.
- Also, as the Maltipoos are small dogs, they usually spend more time indoors, and their nails do not field naturally, so they require trimming every month to keep them healthy.
- Also, brushing his teeth is essential at least two times a week.
Although Maltipoos are high-energy dogs, they only need a moderate amount of exercise.
A short 15-minute walk or a game of fetch indoors will keep them happy and healthy.
NUTRITION AND FEEDING
Small breed foods are designed with the appropriate nutrient requirements and smaller kibble to fit smaller mouths. That also encourages chewing and improves digestion.
Your dog’s diet should be balanced and have all the major nutrient groups, including fresh water.
Maltipoos need to eat at least twice a day according to the dog feeding guidelines for the particular food.