Have you ever wondered what human foods are safe for cats? Fortunately, there are many ingredients in the human diet cats can eat.
Discover with this guide what human foods your feline friend can consume, and you can start to be creative and prepare delicious homemade treats suitable for your beloved cat.
Human Foods That Are Safe for Cats
What Human Foods can cats eat?
CHICKEN AND TURKEY
Chicken is a good source of lean protein, and it can be a good option for your cat.
Cook the chicken thoroughly and remove the skin, which can be greasy.
Turkey, especially the turkey breast, is a healthy and safe food for your feline friend.
Like chicken meat, cook well the turkey meat before feeding the cat.
Sliced charcuterie is also a cat-friendly snack.
Other safe alternatives are lamb and liver.
- Salmon is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Salmon can be a delicious treat for cats.
- As with meats, make sure the salmon is well cooked and remove all the thorns.
- Never give your cat raw fish.
Whole grains like oats, corn, brown rice, bread, and even couscous contain a lot of protein and are all human foods your cat can eat.
Some cats hate vegetables, however, if your feline enjoys a vegetarian snack, he can eat: cucumber, steamed broccoli, carrots, asparagus, spinach, and peas.
Spinach is packed with vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, and K, and is a cat-friendly healthy food.
However, if your cat has a history of calcium oxalate bladder stones, you should avoid giving him spinach.
As with vegetables, many cats do not like the texture or the taste of fruits.
- If your cat is fond of fruits, you can give her bananas, blueberries, cantaloupe, watermelon (without seeds), peeled apples (without seeds), and pumpkins are tasty snacks for cats.
- You can also incorporate pumpkin into cat treats as it is safe and healthy. Pumpkin has low calories and is high in fiber, and it is an effective treatment for cats suffering from abnormal stools.