This DIY tutorial will show you how to make a felt mug cozy for cat lovers. This mug cozy is a perfect gift to give out to all your cat lover’s friends.
Join me and learn how to create this fun gift that you can personalize and give to your cat lover’s friends.
Tools you will need to make a felt mug cozy for cat lovers
- Embroidery thread
- Sewing needles
- Sewing pins
- Fabric glue or hot glue gun (optional)
Materials for the Cat Appliqué
To make the cat applique you’ll need.
- Felt (color of choice)
- Two small black crystal beads
Cat Appliqué Patterns
How to make the cat appliqué
- Cut out pattern pieces.
- Transfer patter pieces into the felt, and cut out felt pieces according to the pattern.
- Stitch on the cat’s eyes using two small black beads.
- Stitch on the cat’s mouth using red embroidery floss.
- Stitch the ears and nose.
Materials you need to make a felt mug cozy for cat lovers
- Cup cozy pattern
- Cat appliqué pattern
- One button
- Two small black beads
Mug Cozy pattern
How to make a felt mug cozy for cat lovers
Gather your materials and follow the step-by-step tutorial to make this pretty DIY gift.
- First, cut out a rectangle according to the mug’s measure.
- Then, cut two pieces of felt, according to the pattern.
- Stitch the cat appliqué onto one of the felt pieces. (See the instructions to make the appliqué above).
- Use sewing pins to hold together both felt pieces.
- Using a blanket stitch, sew the pieces together.
- Sew a large button on the opposite side.
- Place a piece of elastic cording about 2.5 inches long in the middle of the open end.
- Finally, since you are using elastic cording, the mug cozy will fit different sized mugs.