This DIY tutorial will show you how to make a felt cozy mug for cat lovers.
This mug cozy is a perfect gift to give out to all your cat lover’s friends.
Join me and learn how to make a cat-lover mug cozy.
Tools you will need to make a felt mug cozy for cat lovers
- Embroidery thread
- Sewing needles
- Sewing pins
- Fabric glue or hot glue gun (optional)
Cat Appliqué Patterns
How to make the cat appliqué
- Cut out pattern pieces.
- Transfer patter pieces into the felt, and cut out felt pieces according to the pattern.
- Stitch on the cat’s eyes using two small black beads.
- Stitch on the cat’s mouth using red embroidery floss.
- Stitch the ears and nose.
Materials you need to make a felt mug cozy for cat lovers
- Cup cozy pattern
- Cat appliqué pattern
- One button
- Two small black beads
How to make a felt mug cozy for cat lovers
Gather your materials and follow the step-by-step tutorial to make this pretty DIY gift.
- First, cut out a rectangle according to the mug’s measure.
- Then, cut two pieces of felt, according to the pattern.
- Stitch the cat appliqué onto one of the felt pieces. (See the instructions to make the appliqué above).
- Use sewing pins to hold together both felt pieces.
- Using a blanket stitch, sew the pieces together.
- Sew a large button on the opposite side.
- Place a piece of elastic cording about 2.5 inches long in the middle of the open end.
- Finally, since you are using elastic cording, the mug cozy will fit different sized mugs.