Making this DIY homemade cat toy fishing pole is super simple, and your cat will love it.
If you want to pamper your furry friend, this cute felt fishing pole cat toy is a perfect way to make your cat happy.
You can stuff this fishing pole cat toy with dry catnip and enjoy watching your cat trying to catch the little fishes.
All you need is some simple tools and materials to do this cute toy for your furry friend.
Tips for making a Homemade Fishing Pole Cat Toy
- If your cat doesn’t like catnip you can fill the toy with cotton stuffing.
- Use quality wool felt (color of choice)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Sewing Needle
- 16- inch wooden dowel
- Wool Felt
- Embroidery thread
- Raw yarn or wick thread
- Black and white sequins
- Small beads
- Catnip or cotton stuffing
Steps to make a Homemade Fishing Pole Cat Toy
- First, get together the tools and materials listed above.
- Then, wrap and glue the raw yarn, or wick thread around the end of the dowel. Leaving three ropes to stitch the fish mouths.
- Draw the patters onto cardstock to use as a template. Cut out the template.
- Transfer the patterns to the felt, using chalk or a fabric crayon. Two pieces for each fish. (6 in total). Use different felt colors.
- Cut the felt pieces.
- Sew the mouth with red embroidery thread.
- Sew the black and white sequin to create the fish eyes. Fix the sequins with small seed beads. You can also sew French knots with black embroidery floss to create the eyes.
- Stitch the fish body with blanket stitching with contrasting threads, leaving a small opening to fill the fish body.
- Add catnip or cotton stuffing inside. Finish blanket stitching to close the fish.
- Finally, stitch the fish mouths to the ropes.
You may also like…