Tools and Materials to Sew a DIY Dog Vest
- Measuring tape
- Pencil or pen
- Pattern paper
- A piece of printed or solid fabric for the outside. (Use your favorite)
- A piece of solid fabric. (for the lining)
- Coordinating thread
- Sewing needles
- Straight pins
- Snap buttons
- Lace (optional)
Easy to Sew Dog Vest Steps
Step 1 – Easy to sew dog vest
- First, you need to measure your dog to adjust the pattern. Note: Take a look at our post on How to measure your dog.
- The next step is to draw the pattern onto pattern paper, and cut the pattern.
Step 2 – Cut the fabric
- Cut out your Fabric. Use a solid-color fabric or printed fabric for your project.
- You could use cotton, fleece, denim felt, or wool.
- Place the pattern on the fold of the outside fabric, pin it down, and cut the fabric. Repeat with the lining fabric.
Step 3- Assembly the vest
- To Assembly, your vest, arrange the two pieces of fabric, put the right sides together, and pin all the way around.
- Sew the pieces of fabric. Leave about 3 inches open to turn the pieces inside out, and iron the vest.
- If you use a sewing machine, fold under the unfinished edge and pin it. Then topstitch to close.
- If you are stitching by hand, use a ladder stitch to the unfinished edge.
Step 4- Finish the vest
- To finish the vest, sew on snap buttons using coordinating thread.
For more DIY Pet Projects