Certain flowers and plants can be dangerous for your cat, but you can enjoy some cat-friendly flowers for your home without running the risk of poisoning your cat.
You can find here a list of cat-friendly flowers you can receive or buy for your home.
Cat-Friendly Flowers for your Home
Safe flowers for cats include:
To be safe, always buy the traditional Rosacea family roses.
But be careful, not all plants and flowers with the word rose are safe for cats. Flowers like Primrose, Christmas rose, desert rose, rosebay, are dangerous to your furry friend.
- Gerbera Daisy
This colorful daisy is a pet-friendly flower you can enjoy if you have a cat.
Alstroemeria is not a traditional lily, which is extremely toxic to cats.
You can enjoy a bouquet of Alstroemeria when you have cats around the house.
There is nothing poisonous about this beautiful flower. This goes for both animals and humans.
ASPCA listed Petunias as non-toxic flowers for pets.
Other gorgeous cat-friendly flowers for your home include:
Follow these tips to keep away some poisoning flowers from your cat.
- Keep the plants and flowers out of the reach of your curious cat.
- Please keep in mind that even the water used in flowers can cause problems.
- Avoid mixed flower bouquets when you have a cat.
- Tell your friends and family about cat-friendly flowers you’d love to receive.
- Hang the flowers in hooks.
- Use a natural pet-repellent to keep your cat away from flowers and plants.
- Check ASPCA’s list to know about pet-friendly plants and flowers.
Some Toxic Flowers to keep away from your cat
- Birds of Paradise
Common Symptoms of Plant Poisoning in Cats
Some early poisoning symptoms are:
- Black or bloody stools
- Bleeding gums
- Loss of appetite
- Uncontrollable urination or thirst
You may also like…