Can Cats eat Tuna? The answer is yes. You can feed your cat with canned Tuna once in a while. This food provides beneficial fats to your cat’s health, but you MUST to limit consumption.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. We earn a commission if you click this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure HERE
Can Cats Eat Tuna?
HEALTHY BENEFITS OF TUNA FOR CATS
- Tuna provides omega-3 essential fatty acids.
- Also, Tuna is high in proteins and low in carbohydrates.
- Eating Tuna helps to improve conditions such as allergies, arthritis and skin diseases.
IS CANNED TUNA HEALTHY FOR CATS?
Well-balanced nutrition plan for your cat may include essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients.
But, is canned tuna healthy for cats? Let’s see below why giving canned tuna is not an option for your cat.
- Canned Tuna contains mercury, a heavy metal usually found mainly in bluefish, which is toxic and that, supplied in large amounts to the cat’s organism, can affect the nervous system.
- Also, canned Tuna generally contain high levels of sodium, which is not healthy for the cat and can compromise its general health.
IS IT OK TO FEED YOUR CAT CANNED TUNA?
You can occasionally give Tuna to your cat. Select canned Tuna in water without salt or other flavorings. Chunk-light tuna is a better choice.
WHAT KIND OF TUNA CAN CATS EAT?
You can occasionally give Tuna to your cat.
- Select canned Tuna in water without salt or other flavorings.
- Chunk-light tuna is a better choice.
- Cooked tuna is better than raw Tuna.
- Raw fish can contain bacteria and parasites.
- If you want to cook Tuna for your cat, avoid salt, oil, and seasonings.
HEALTHY HUMAN FOODS ALTERNATIVES FOR YOUR CAT
- Cooked Chicken
- Before you add any new foods to your cat, it is always a good idea to consult with your veterinarian.
- If your veterinarian allows you to give Tuna to your furry friend, avoid feeding canned Tuna every day.
- Give your cat fresh Tuna as an occasional treat, and limit these treats to just a few per week.