The Bengal cat is a playful and boisterous docile domestic cat with an adventurous personality. This feline is intelligent, curious, and can easily get into misbehavior around the house. Find out more about the Bengal Cat Breed.
Bengal Cat Breed Information
- Country of Origin: United States
- Size: Medium to large
- Male: 10 to 18 pounds
- Female: 6 to 12 pounds
- The tendency to shed: Moderate. Low maintenance
- Grooming needs: Medium
- Colors: Bengals come in a variety of coat colors such as brown spotted, seal lynx point (snow), sepia, silver, and mink spotted tabby.
- Lifespan: 12 to 16 years
- Attention Needs: Low
- Active cat
- Affectionate toward its owners
About Bengal cat breed
The Bengal cat is a hybrid of a domestic cat, especially the spotted Egyptian Mau, with an Asian leopard cat. They are energetic and need a lot of exercises.
Bengal cats are smart, energetic, and playful. They are loyal and affectionate toward their families. Most Bengal cats enjoy playing in the water, and sometime they may try to play in the tub or shower. This curious cat enjoys playing, climbing, and investigate around the house.
There are some health conditions you should be aware of:
- Distal neuropathy
- Hip dysplasia
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Patellar luxation
- Progressive retinal atrophy
Bengal Cat Diet
- Bengals need high-quality cat food. The top ingredient must be meat-based protein.
- Most Bengal cat owners feed their cats with both dry and wet food. Dry food reduces tartar on teeth, and wet food encourages water intake.
Curious Facts about Bengal Cat
- In New York and the State of Hawaii, you cannot have Bengal cats.
- In Seattle, Washington, and Colorado, there are limits on Bengal ownerships.
- Bengal cats with a generation of F5 are generally legal.
- the Asian Leopard cat, Prionailurus bengalensis, originated the name of Bengal Cats.
You May Also Like
Let’s Keep in Touch
If you want to stay up to date on the latest articles you can join our free newsletter. It’s sent out once a month and we offer the latest updates, tips, and deals.
Subscribe to our mailing list