A cat is generally an independent pet but needs some care and attention from its owner. Your furry friend can be in good shape if you follow these 8 simple tips to keep your cat healthy.
8 Simple Tips to keep your Cat Healthy
PROVIDE YOUR ADULT CAT WITH FRESHWATER EVERY DAY
- Clean and freshwater is essential for the good health of your cat. Be sure to change the water every day.
- Some cats like to drink from moving sources, buy an electronic fount of water supply or give the water directly from the tap.
FEED YOUR CAT WITH AN ADEQUATE DIET
- Feed your cat with the correct amount of food. Use small bowls to feed her.
- Do not give food for human consumption. There are a great variety of commercial foods for each stage of its growth.
- Consult with the veterinarian which is the best food for your cat depending on the weight, age, and activity.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH SAND BOXES AT HOME
- Have at least two litter boxes to encourage cleaning habits.
- Clean the boxes regularly, more than once a day.
GROOM YOUR CAT REGULARLY
- Brush your cat’s hair regularly. Brushing the cat will help reduce shedding and help the cat avoid the dreaded hairballs.
KEEP YOUR CAT’S TEETH CLEAN
- Cats, like dogs, develop teeth tartar, this causes gum disease and tooth decay.
- Since it is difficult for cat owners to brush their cat’s teeth, take your cat once a year to the veterinarian to schedule a professional tooth cleaning.
TRAIN YOUR CAT TO USE A SCRAPER POST
- Using a scraper post will help your cat stretch its muscles and claws. Also, it protects your furniture.
USE A CAT CARRIER
- Always transport your cat in a suitable carrier when you go with him in the car.
REGULAR VISITS TO THE VETERINARY
- Take your cat once a year to the veterinarian to detect any disease at an early stage.