Indoor cats can make wonderful pets, providing us with companionship and a source of joy in our homes.
However, as pet owners, it is our responsibility to ensure that our feline friends stay happy and healthy, including creating a safe and stimulating environment for them, providing a balanced and nutritious diet, and taking steps to ensure their overall well-being.
In this article, we will explore some tips for happy and healthy indoor cats.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. We earn a commission if you click this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure HERE
Tips for Happy and Healthy Indoor Cats
- Provide a screened porch so your cat meets the outdoors without danger.
- Consider building or buying a catio where your cat gets the taste of the outside without the risks. Be sure there are no toxic plants in the backyards.
- Get a scratching post to keep your cat from scratching the furniture.
An indoor cat could live a boring life, so keep her occupied with enough exercise.
- Exercises help your furry friend maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- To help your indoor cat to stay active, play with her regularly with games such as running and chasing.
- If you live in a peaceful neighborhood, consider training your cat to walk on a leash. This training takes time and patience, but it’s worth it.
BUY A CAT TREE OR A KITTY CONDO
- Cat trees give an excellent opportunity to climb and create more space to play and rest.
- Place the kitty condo next to a window to give your cat a better outside view.
Plant cat grass into indoor pots so your cat can eat. You can find cat grass at pet supply stores.
Put a visible identification on your cat’s collar.
If your cat runs away, the collar and visible ID could help someone to get your pet back.
Finally, think about having your cat microchipped. Keep your contact information updated. If you lose your cat, file a report at your local animal shelter.