Each cat has its personality, but some cat breeds are more affectionate than others. Some will come when you call them or like to play fetch.
If you are looking for a friendly and affectionate cat, here is a list of the 7 most affectionate cat breeds you should consider.
7 Most Affectionate Cat Breeds
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. We earn a commission if you click this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure HERE
The Birman also called the “Sacred Cat of Burma, it is a domestic cat breed with a long-haired coat, and deep blue eyes.
Birman cat is known as a loving and affectionate breed. It is a docile, sociable, intelligent, and friendly cat.
Birman doesn’t limit his love to humans and does well with other pets.
Not to be confused with The Birman cat, the Sacred Cat of Burma
The Burmese cat thrives on companionship with her humans and other cats. It has a puppy-like characteristics; this cat often learns to play games such as fetch and tag.
- This cat is energetic, curious and playful and loves to give and receive attention.
- Burmese are not as independent as other breeds and are not suited to being left alone for extended periods.
- Needs a calm enviroment.
Also known as the “gentle giant”, Maine Coon is loyal with its family, but it is independent and not clingy.
- Its gentle nature makes the breed good companions, and relaxed around dogs.
- Sociable and dependent cat.
- Maine Coon is a great family cat.
The Persian cat is a feline who enjoys a calm and relaxing environment. It is also independent and selective in whom it shows affection. Persian kitty does well with mild-mannered children and laid-back dogs.
- Friendly but independent cat.
- Calm cat.
- Great cat for families.
The Ragdoll has an extremely gentle and relaxed nature.
- This cat is calm, placid, and loves cuddleds. It has a sweet temperament and an eager-to-please attitude.
- Ragdoll loves humans and doesn’t like to be alone.
- It is a perfect pet for families with children or other pets.
The Siamese is an incredibly social and very affectionate cat. It bonds strongly to a single person. Siamese play well with other cats, dogs, and children.
- This cat is active and playful, even as an adult, and is often described as more dog-like in behavior than other cats.
The Sphynx cat has anextroverted behavior.
- This cat loves being the center of attention.
- This breed does not do well when left alone all day.
- Sphynx cat has a dog-like personality, and greeting its owners at the door.