Old fashioned-cat names are a popular category among cat owners. These vintage names here were popular a century ago.
Here you can find 60 old-fashioned female and male cat names recommended for you.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. We earn a commission if you click this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure HERE
60 Old-Fashioned Cat Names
60 Old-Fashioned Male Cat Names
- Abe: Father of a Multitude
- Amos: This name means Brave.
- Artie: From the Roman clan name Artorius, meaning noble, courageous.
- Bert: Engliss name. It means noble, and bright.
- Calvin: Means Bald.
- Chester: This name means Fortress, walled town.
- Earl: A British nobleman.
- Elmer: Elmer is a Teutonic name meaning awe-inspiring.
- Ernest: It was popularized by the American author, Ernest Hemingway.
- Erwin: Scottish, English, and Irish name.
- Gerald: is a male and female Germanic meaning rule of the spear.
- Gus: English origin, means Great.
- Henry: English and French origin, composed of the elements haim, heim home.
- Homer: Greek origin, and means Pledge.
- Jared: Hebrew origin the meaning of the name Jared is Rose (flower).
- Jasper: Jasper is an old name that has a style, and originality.
- Leo: Leo is a short and cute name. The meaning of Leo is lion.
- Martin: It comes from the Latin name Martinus, which is a late derived form of the name of the Roman god Mars.
- Mickey: Mickey is Hebrew, and English origin. The meaning of Mickey is who resembles God?
- Oscar: os + cara. Meaning Friend of Deer, and Spear of God
- Otis: Otis an Old German and Old English name. The meaning of Otis is son of Otto.
- Phineas: Hebrew origin, meaning Oracle.
- Ralph: English, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, Scandinavian, and German masculine name.
- Sherman: Anglo-Saxon origin, meaning shearer of woolen garments.
- Silas: The meaning of the Latin name Silas is from the forest.
- Theo: Derives from the Ancient Greek
- Tobias: Greek origin. The meaning of Tobias is Goodness of Yahweh.
- Virgil: Latin origin name, meaning Flourishing.
- Waldo: English origin, means God’s Power.
- Wilber: Popular in Germany, means Bright will.
60 Old-Fashioned Female Cat Names
- Alice: English and German origin. Alice is a variant of the old French name Adelais.
- Eliza: English origin. It means My God is an oath.
- Ella: Greek, Norman, Hebrew. It means beautiful, fairy Maiden, Goddess.
- Gemma: Latin origin. This name means gem or gemstone.
- Harriet: Is an English version of the French Henriette. It means, power, ruler.
- Hazel: The name Hazel in an old take on evocative color names like Violet, Indigo, and Sienna.
- Lucinda: Latin origin, meaning light.
- Lydia: Greek origin. It means beautiful one, noble one.
- Matilda: Derives from the Old High German math. Meaning might, strength.
- Cecily: The name Cecily means Blind of Self Beauty and is of English origin.
- Clara: Clara or Klara is a female given name. It is the feminine form of the Late Latin name Clarus which meant clear, bright, and famous.
- Mercy: Mercy is girl’s name of English origin meaning compassion or forbearance.
- Minnie: A pet form of Miryam, a Hebrew name. Many believe it means sea of bitterness or sea of sorrow.
- Olive: Olive is a girl’s name of English origin meaning olive tree.
- Alma: The name Alma also has several meanings in a variety of languages, and is generally translated to feeds one’s soul or lifts the spirit.
- Amara: Indian origin and it means eternal.
- Bonnie: Scottish origin.
- Birdie: Birdie as a girl’s name has German, English, and American origins. The meaning of Birdie is bright, famous; little bird.
- Calliope: Meaning beautiful-voiced. Calliope was the most prominent of the Muses.
- Dora: Greek origin. It means gift.
- Ellis: It derives from the Greek Elias, and meaning “Yahweh is God”.
- Joyce: Meaning Lord.
- Lacy: The name derived from several French places.
Maxine: Maxine is a girl’s name of Latin origin. It means greatest.
- Opal: Opal is a feminine given name derived from the name of the gemstone opal.
- Polly: English origin. The name Polly means Great sorrow.
- Ruth: Hebrew name, it means Friend.
- Trudy: The name Trudy means Spear Strength and is of English origin.
- Vera: Vera s a female name of Russian origin. In Russian, Vera means faith.
You May Also Like
Let’s Keep in Touch
If you want to stay up to date on the latest articles you can join our free newsletter. It’s sent out once a month and we offer the latest updates, tips, and deals.
Subscribe to our mailing list