If you’re lucky enough to own one orange cat, check out these 50 orange cat names that will give your kitty a fabulous moniker.
Before you jump into these fabulous orange cat names, you might want to know more about your new cat.
FACTS BOUT TABBY CATS
2. Orange Tabbies are not a Breed
Tabby refers to a color pattern that can be present in many breeds. Therefore, tabby cats are not a breed.
The name tabby comes from a type of striped silk, the Attabi, from Attabiah in the Middle East. As soon as this fabric silk arrived in Great Britain, people began to call their orange cats, “tabi” due to the similarity in the pattern to the coat of these cats with the silk.
3. Orange Tabbies are prone to develop black freckles.
Tabby cats develop black freckles, especially around the gums, lips, and nose. These freckles are harmless, but if you notice some changes in the pigmentation, check out with your veterinarian.
4. Males override Females
- The ratio proportion is about 80 percent males to 20 percent females.
- X’s chromosome is responsible for the orange color.
- Therefore, an orange female tabby cat requires both X’s genes from her mother and her father to have the orange genes. Male tabby cats just need one gene from their mother to be an orange cat.
50 ORANGE CAT NAMES FOR MALE AND FEMALE CATS
ORANGE CAT NAMES FOR FEMALE CATS
You May Also Like
List of Orange Gemstones Guide
The Spruce Pets